Stats Not The Way To Do it
'Its a results based business' is a line used frequently in the world of football when a manager is given the boot.
So lets take the current nice passing football away for a moment and compare stats between the last 10 Walsall bosses (based on win %)
1. Richard Money P74 W34 D17 L23 45.9%
2. Chris Nicholl P157 W71 D45 L41 45.2%
3. Jimmy Mullen P27 W10 D4 L13 42%
4. Jan Sorensen P62 W26 D23 L13 41.9%
5. Ray Graydon* P199 W79 D71 L49 39.7%
6. Kenny Hibbitt P201 W69 D77 L55 34.3%
7. Paul Merson P94 W32 D39 L23 34.0%
8. Colin Lee* P116 W38 D48 L30 32.8%
9. Chris HutchingsP101 W31 D26 L44 30.69%
10. Dean Smith P85 W22 D34 L39 25.9%
* - Had seasons in The Championship (old Division 1)
I like Dean Smith and I like the passing style he is trying to bring to Walsall however his record as Walsall boss is poor.
This is just to highlight his record compared to others, I am not starting calls for his head.