Vital Football

Latest Walsall FC News

Saddlers vs Pirates: Injuries galore!

Saddlers vs Pirates: Injuries galore!

The Saddlers face a selection problem today when they take on Bristol Rovers at the Banks's (KO 3pm).

Troy Deeney is suspended after that harsh red card during the midweek 1-1 draw with Charlton, while Rhys Weston, Steve Jones, Mark Hughes, and Manny Smith all miss out with injuries.

Daryl Westlake will continue at full back, while Jamie Vincent will tough it out at the back. Richie Taundry should keep his place in the heart of the midfield after an impressive comeback last week.

Alex Nicholls may start up front with Darren Byfield to replace Deeney.

Rovers boss Paul Trollope faces his own injury problems with Aaron Lescott and Chris Lines being the biggest misses.

Dominic Blizzard and Ben Swallow are the likely replacements for Lescott and Lines.

PREDICTION:

The Saddlers have not won in the last five games, while Bristol Rovers suffered a heavy 5-0 defeat at Leyton Orient. I'm backing a bore draw.

Vital Walsall readers seem to differ, with 75% suggesting a Walsall win. The remaining 25% think Rovers will triumph. A Saddlers win will be difficult, as the confidence is still not peaking. And with free-scoring Deeney out of the side, as well as Jamie Vincent in the heart of the defence, I have my doubts. 0-0.



Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Rich
Date:Saturday February 6 2010
Time: 11:04AM

Comments

0
Haha, good prediction. That's one positive!
saddlers13
06/02/2010 19:33:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Walsall Articles

500,000+ Season Tickets Sold In 2016/17

More than 500,000 Season Tickets were sold in the Football League pyramid for the 2016/17 season.

How Do Walsall Fare In The BBC's 2016 Survey?

The BBC's Price Of Football survey for 2016 was released a week last Wednesday evening and as ever they looked at everything from the price of tickets through to the price of pies...

Etheridge In Team Of The Week (28/11/16)

Walsall are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected after this week's action.

Sheffield United v Walsall - PREVIEW

We travel to Sheffield tomorrow facing one of the most in form teams in the division as the Blades finally look like mounting a serious promotion push this term.

Archived Vital Saddlers Articles

Vital Saddlers articles from

Site Journalists

Kev
Editor email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Where Will Walsall Finish?
Suggested By:
Automatic Promotion9%
Play Offs25%
Mid Table Medicority45%
Relegation21%

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
1 Scunthorpe 20 13 5 2 44 24
2 Bolton 20 12 4 4 40 12
3 Sheff Utd 20 11 5 4 38 12
4 Bradford 20 9 8 3 35 9
5 Rochdale 20 9 3 8 30 2
6 Peterborough 19 8 5 6 29 7
7 Wimbledon 20 7 8 5 29 6
8 Fleetwood 20 8 5 7 29 5
9 Millwall 19 8 4 7 28 1
10 Southend 20 7 7 6 28 -1
11 Charlton 19 6 9 4 27 7
12 Port Vale 20 7 6 7 27 -5
13 Bristol Rovers 20 7 6 7 27 -6
14 Oxford 20 7 5 8 26 0
15 Gillingham 20 7 5 8 26 -3
16 Walsall 20 6 8 6 26 -5
17 Northampton 20 6 6 8 24 0
18 Swindon 20 6 5 9 23 -7
19 MK Dons 20 5 6 9 21 -5
20 Bury 20 6 2 12 20 -10
21 Coventry 20 4 7 9 19 -8
22 Chesterfield 20 5 3 12 18 -10
23 Oldham 19 3 8 8 17 -10
24 Shrewsbury 20 3 6 11 15 -15
Vital Football Comment
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
Write for Vital Football

Recent Walsall Results (view all)

Walsall Fixtures (view all)

Dec 10 2016 3:00PM : Fleetwood Town (a)
Sky Bet League One
Dec 17 2016 3:00PM : Bradford City (H)
Sky Bet League One
Dec 26 2016 3:00PM : Port Vale (a)
Sky Bet League One
Dec 31 2016 3:00PM : Oxford United (a)
Sky Bet League One
Jan 2 2017 3:00PM : Rochdale (H)
Sky Bet League One
Jan 7 2017 3:00PM : Millwall (a)
Sky Bet League One
The Vital Football Members League